Brockton Public Schools
School Committee Policy
EQUIPMENT - JJIBF
The Head Coach is to work in conjunction with the Assistant to the Athletic Director as follows:
- Maintain an accurate team list in order to assist in the collection of equipment from students who are negligent in turning in equipment at the close of the season.
- Assist in the collection of equipment from students who are negligent in turning in equipment at the close of the season.
- Lost and stolen articles will be the responsibility of the athlete.
- The Assistant to the Athletic Director will keep records on file.
- All records must remain current and all changes must be noted on the spreadsheet maintained by the Head Coach or Assistant Coach.
- Student managers are never to be allowed in the equipment room unsupervised.
- The Assistant to the Athletic Director is to turn into the athletic office, at the close of each season, within seven (7) days, the list of all equipment not returned. This information is to follow:
- Student's name and house
- Specific equipment lost
- The identifying number on the piece of equipment
- The Head Coaches will receive the assistance of their coaching staff in the return of school equipment during the season (if a student is no longer associated) and at the close of activity.
APPROVED: June 4, 2019